To upload pictures for the Show and Tell segment of our meetings:
- In the Member's Menu, click on Add Content.
- Depending on your user role and the updates made to the web site, there may be a selection for adding more than one type of content. If there is more than one available choice, Click on Show and Tell Pictures.
- The Show and Tell Pictures input form should be open.
- Enter a brief description of your item to show in the Title field.
- Enter your name in the Submitted By field
- If desired, enter any additional information about your item in the details area
- Click on the Choose File link in the picture field
- Using your operating system file navigator/explorer, navigate to the correct folder and select the picture you wish to upload. NOTE: the only allowed file types are: png gif jpg jpeg. Maximum file size is 256MB.
- When the picture is selected, a thumbnail image should be displayed in the picture area. NOTE: depending on the image properties, it may upload rotated 90o and the thumbnail will show it is rotated. To prevent your picture from being incorrectly displayed, it is recommended to edit the source picture file to allow it to display upright. The most common solution is probably to edit the image to be a square instead of a rectangle. The windows photo editor crop and edit function will perform this action.
- If desired, enter alternative information that will appear in the browser when you hover the mouse over the uploaded image
- Select the meeting month from the drop down selection
- Select the meeting year from the drop down selection
- Scroll to the bottom of the form and click Save
NOTE: The views sort all entries in the following sequence:
- Submitted by
It is important that you use the same name in the Submitted by to have all your items appear together. You can control the sequence of your items under your name by entering the description wording that will sort them the way you want.
To edit or delete any of your submitted pictures:
- Find your picture in one of the available views
- Click on the description link you entered in step 5 when it was originally submitted
- This will open a new window that allows editing or deleting the picture using the tabs at the top of the page.